Before beginning the 5 Behaviors program:
- Review our Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team FAQ.
- Read Is our team ready for The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™?
- Read or review either Five Dysfunctions of a Team and/or The Advantage.
- Meet with your targeted team’s leader to discuss the program.
- How large is the team?
- What are recent challenges and successes experienced by the team?
- What subjects might come up in discussing Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability, and Results?
- How much time is available for the program?
- How does the group leader feel about this tool and process?
- Are participants familiar with DiSC or other personality assessments?
- Does anyone need special accommodations?
- What observable or measurable changes in team behavior does the leader hope for?
Before scheduling your first 5 Behaviors session:
Before your first session:
- Be sure every team member has completed the assessment.
- Print each member’s individualized report.
- Review your team’s Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Annotated Report.
- Pay special attention to the Points of Discussion based on your team’s scores.
- Prepare for your team’s questions, including about the Everything DiSC assessment included in the team assessment.
- Review the Trust and Conflict sections of the facilitation kit.
After the session(s)
Offer a group session or pair coaching sessions using Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Comparison Reports
Schedule a follow-up with the Five Behaviors Progress Report
. See how well the team has put their learning to work.
Additional support from our blog