What happens after you select your DiSC® product?
Administering and scoring the DiSC assessment
The process from purchase to receipt of completed profiles differs a bit, depending on whether or not you're using an EPIC Administrator Account, and if you're ordering an online or paper product.
On this page:
Recommended if you're purchasing more than 15 online tests and profiles or want to have control over results visibility.
- Purchase EPIC credits - assuming you already have an EPIC account. If you do not, you will need to purchase an EPIC Starter Package.
- Send Access Codes to participants from your EPIC account.
- Allow time for participants to complete their profiles online. Send reminders from EPIC if necessary.
- Print, email or save profile reports, as desired.
- Run group or comparison reports, if needed and available.
- Profiles and reports remain in your EPIC account as long as you keep the account unless you chose to delete them.
Learn more about EPIC Administrator Accounts.
For help using EPIC, go to EPIC Quick Start Guide.
Everything is completed online, but please call us if you have any questions.
- Select the quantity of profiles to purchase. Place your order online. Be careful to enter your email accurately. An incorrect email address will prevent you from receiving your confirmation receipt and your email(s) with profile access code(s).
- Receive a confirmation of your order via e-mail.
- Receive email from firstname.lastname@example.org with Access Code. Please save this message.
- Forward this email with the Access Code to the person you want to take the assessment. (If you purchase multiple test codes you will receive an email for each test. In other words, if you purchase profiles for eleven people, you will receive eleven emails.) If you have a large number of people taking DiSC, we recommend purchasing an EPIC account (EPIC Starter Packages) so you don't have to manage multiple emails.
- Allow time for participants to take their tests. Scoring and profile narrative is completed electronically immediately after the assessment is completed. Have participants tell you when they have completed their profiles.
- Once you've learned that they have taken their test(s), go to the original email(s) you received and click the embedded link.
- You can print, email, or save profiles as PDF files.
- Place your order.
- Receive paper copies via USPS or UPS.
- Most paper tests are taken by scratching off selections with a coin. Tests are self-scored.
- Profile access codes are immediately delivered electronically.
- Access Codes are only sent to the billing email entered for purchaser. Codes are not sent to "ship to" emails.
- Purchaser may forward email access codes to profile respondents. If you forward the access code to another person, you will NOT be notified of report completion nor automatically receive the completed report.
- After you are sure the respondent has completed the profile, you can retrieve the completed report by clicking on the access code link in the original email. This leads to the completed report.
- One email access code is issued for each test report ordered.
- All DiSC profile access code emails will be immediately electronically delivered from email@example.com. If you do not receive an emailed access code within 24 hours, please make sure to check your junk/spam folders. You might want to add this address to your trusted email list.
- Respondents should set aside 10-20 minutes to complete the survey. The system will time-out after 20 minutes with no activity. While not advised, if a respondent cannot complete the assessments during one session, she or he can return and the questions will pick up where the respondent left off.
- Group reports should be ordered at the same time as the individual reports.
How should I answer the questions? Should I think about myself in the workplace, in social situations or in general?
Many factors affect a person's profile results, and the response focus is most likely not a significant one. However, if you're administering the assessment in a work setting there's no harm in asking the respondent to answer questions with that setting in mind. Our environment (e.g., at work, at home, with friends) does play an important role in our understanding of DiSC. But it is much more an issue of how we apply insights gained from profiles, not how the profiles are constructed from respondents' answers.
Can my profile change over time?
In general, the average person's profile tends to stay fairly consistent over time. While small differences in results from one time to the next may occur, major shifts in style are unlikely. However, if it has been two years or more since someone last took the profile, we recommend taking it again to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date information. People who have taken the DiSC Classic and now have the opportunity to take an Everything DiSC assessment will appreciate the newer expanded and targeted profile report.
Is there a web page I can share with others that explains a little about my DiSC style?
You might want to share these pages with your participants. Many people like to share their results through social media.
Dominance (D) DiSC style explained.
Influence (i) DiSC style explained.
Conscientiousness (C) DiSC style explained.
Steadiness (S) DiSC style explained.
DiSCProfile.com on Pinterest
If you administered Everything DiSC profiles through EPIC, you can also run Comparison Reports for interested participants. The only cost is your time.
Everything DiSC Comparison Reports explained: How do you compare to me? from our blog