What happens after you select your DiSC® product?
Administering and scoring the DiSC assessment
The process from purchase to receipt of completed profiles differs a bit, depending on whether or not you're using an EPIC Administrator Account, and if you're ordering an online or paper product.
On this page:
Everything is completed online, but please call us if you have any questions.
- Select the quantity of profiles to purchase. Place your order online. Be careful to enter your email accurately. An incorrect email address will prevent you from receiving your confirmation receipt and all profile access code(s) ordered.
- Profile access codes are delivered electronically immediately after order from firstname.lastname@example.org. Access codes are delivered to the billing email entered for you, the purchaser. You will also receive a confirmation of your order via e-mail.
- You will get one email with an access code for each profile you order. In other words, if you purchase profiles for eleven people, you will receive eleven emails. Please save the email. If you do not receive an emailed access code within 24 hours, please make sure to check your junk/spam folders. You might want to add this address to your trusted email list.
- Forward each email with an access code to the participants you want to take the assessment. TIP: When managing several access code emails, 1) make sure you're sending a unique access code to each person, 2) enter particant's name in the subject line before forwarding the access code email. This will help you keep track of which participant has which access code.
- Allow time for participants to take their tests. Respondents should set aside 15-20 minutes to complete the survey. The system will time-out after 20 minutes with no activity. While not advised, if a respondent cannot complete the assessment during one session, the respondent may return and the questions will pick up where the respondent left off.
- Profile results are available immediately after the assessment is completed. Purchaser will not be notified of report completion nor automatically receive the completed report. If you wish to see the results, ask participants to send the completed report (pdf) to you.
- Once the participant has completed the assessment, the access code can be found on the cover of the report.
- Order group reports at the same time as the individual reports. Once all participants have completed their profiles, the group report can be created. Please provide all access codes to be included in the group report when you're ready to have the report created. The group report will be sent only to you, the purchaser.
Recommended if you're purchasing multiple profiles or want to have control over results visibility.
- Purchase EPIC credits - assuming you already have an EPIC account. If you do not, you will need to purchase an EPIC Starter Package. Note: You will not have instant access to your credits. EPIC credits are not moved into your account automatically; we must do this manually. We place top priority on providing EPIC credits and do this throughout our regular business hours.
- Send Access Codes to participants from your EPIC account. (Access Codes give participants access to the assessment.)
- Allow time for participants to complete their profiles online. Send reminders from EPIC if necessary.
- Print, email or save profile reports, as desired.
- Run group or comparison reports, if needed and available.
- Profiles and reports remain in your EPIC account as long as you keep the account unless you chose to delete them.
Learn more about EPIC Administrator Accounts.
For help using EPIC, go to EPIC Quick Start Guide.
- Place your order.
- Receive paper copies via USPS or UPS.
- Paper tests are taken by gently scratching off selections with a coin. Tests are self-scored.
How should I answer the questions? Should I think about myself in the workplace, in social situations or in general?
Many factors affect a person's profile results, and the response focus is most likely not a significant one. However, if you're administering the assessment in a work setting there's no harm in asking the respondent to answer questions with that setting in mind. Our environment (e.g., at work, at home, with friends) does play an important role in our understanding of DiSC. But it is much more an issue of how we apply insights gained from profiles, not how the profiles are constructed from respondents' answers.
Can my profile change over time?
In general, the average person's profile tends to stay fairly consistent over time. While small differences in results from one time to the next may occur, major shifts in style are unlikely. However, if it has been two years or more since someone last took the profile, we recommend taking it again to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date information. People who have taken the DiSC Classic and now have the opportunity to take an Everything DiSC assessment will appreciate the newer expanded and targeted profile report.
Is there a web page I can share with others that explains a little about my DiSC style?
You might want to share these pages with your participants. Many people like to share their results through social media.
Dominance (D) DiSC style explained.
Influence (i) DiSC style explained.
Conscientiousness (C) DiSC style explained.
Steadiness (S) DiSC style explained.
DiSCProfile.com on Pinterest
If you administered Everything DiSC profiles through EPIC, you can also run Comparison Reports for interested participants. The only cost is your time.
Everything DiSC Comparison Reports explained: How do you compare to me? from our blog