DiSC profiles explained: C is for Conscientiousness
If you've recently taken the DiSC® profile, your report has a more personalized explanation of what having a C style means for you. But this can be a useful page to link to and have others learn a bit more about you. Or you can use it to better understand someone you work or live with.
People with the C style place an emphasis on working conscientiously within existing circumstances to ensure quality and accuracy.
A person with a C style
- is motivated by opportunities to gain knowledge, showing their expertise, and quality work.
- prioritizes ensuring accuracy, maintaining stability, and challenging assumptions.
- is described as careful, cautious, systematic, diplomatic, accurate and tactful.
- may be limited by being overcritical, overanalyzing and isolating themselves.
- may fear criticism and being wrong.
- values quality and accuracy
- unique accomplishments
- predictable accomplishments
- personal growth
Will need to expend more energy to:
- let go of and delegate tasks
- compromise for the good of the team
- join in social events and celebrations
- make quick decisions
When communicating with the C style individual, focus on facts and details; minimize "pep talk" or emotional language; be patient, persistent and diplomatic.
DiSC Classic Patterns: Objective Thinker, Perfectionist, Practitioner
Leadership styles: Deliberate, Humble, Resolute
From our blog: Understanding our C-style colleagues and friends
From our Pinterest site: DiSC C style
Interested in taking the test yourself?
Much more is available to someone who has completed a DiSC profile. Popular DiSC tests include:
DiSC Classic 2.0
Everything DiSC Workplace
Everyhing DiSC Productive Conflict
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
Everything DiSC Management
Everything DiSC Sales
What about the other DiSC styles?
Dominance (D) DiSC style explained
Influence (i) DiSC style explained
Steadiness (S) DiSC style explained