DiSC profiles explained: D is for Dominance
If you've recently taken the DiSC® profile test, your report has a more personalized explanation of what having a D style means for you than what is presented here. But this can be a handy page to link to and let others learn a bit more about you. Or you can use it to better understand someone you work or live with.
People with the D style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.
A person with a D style
- is motivated by winning, competition and success.
- prioritizes accepting challenge, taking action and achieving immediate results.
- is described as direct, demanding, forceful, strong willed, driven, and determined, fast-paced, and self-confident.
- may be limited by lack of concern for others, impatience and open skepticism.
- may fear being seen as vulnerable or being taken advantage of.
- values competency, action, concrete results, personal freedom, challenges.
- unique accomplishments
- new opportunities
- control of audience
Will need to expend more energy to:
- show patience
- display sensitivity
- get into the details
- allow deliberation
When communicating with the D style individuals, give them the bottom line, be brief, focus your discussion narrowly, avoid making generalizations, refrain from repeating yourself, and focus on solutions rather than problems.
DiSC Classic Patterns: Developer, Results Orientated, Inspirational and Creative
Leadership styles: Commanding, Resolute, Pioneering
From our blog: Understanding our D-style colleagues and friends
From our Pinterest site: DiSC D style
Interested in taking the test yourself?
Much more is available to someone who has completed a DiSC profile. Popular DiSC tests include:
DiSC Classic 2.0
Everything DiSC Workplace
Everyhing DiSC Productive Conflict
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
Everything DiSC Management
Everything DiSC Sales
What about the other DiSC styles?