DiSC profiles explained: i is for Influence
If you've recently taken the DiSC® profile, your report has a more personalized explanation of what having an i style means for you than what is presented here. But this can be a fun page to link to and have others learn a bit more about you. Or you can use it to better understand someone you work or live with.
Note: Information here applies only to Everything DiSC and DiSC Classic assessments. Other tests using the name DISC have not been researched and validated to the depth of Wiley's DiSC products.
People with the i style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others.
A person with an i style
- may be limited by being impulsive and disorganized and having lack of follow-through
- is described as convincing, magnetic, enthusiastic, warm, trusting and optimistic
- prioritizes taking action, collaboration, and expressing enthusiasm
- is motivated by social recognition, group activities, and relationships
- may fear loss of influence, disapproval and being ignored
- values coaching and counseling, freedom of expression and democratic relationships
Will need to expend more energy to:
- victory with flair
- friendship and happiness
- authority and prestige status symbols
- follow-through completely
- research all the facts
- speak directly and candidly
- stay focused for long periods
When communicating with the i style individual, share your experiences, allow the i style person time to ask questions and talk themselves, focus on the positives, avoid overloading them with details, and don't interrupt them.
DiSC Classic Patterns: Promoter, Persuader, Counselor, Appraiser
Leadership styles: Energizing, Pioneering, Affirming
From our blog: Understanding our i-style colleagues and friends
From our Pinterest site: DiSC i style
Interested in taking the test yourself?
Much more is available to someone who has completed a DiSC profile. Popular DiSC tests include:
DiSC Classic 2.0
Everything DiSC Workplace
Everyhing DiSC Productive Conflict
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
Everything DiSC Management
Everything DiSC Sales
What about the other DiSC styles?