1. Does state sales tax apply to my purchase?
Based on applicable sales tax laws, Personality Profile Solutions dba DiSCprofile.com will calculate, collect, and remit sales tax for orders shipped to customers in the following states:
2. Am I responsible for customs duties and taxes?
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
Import duties and/or taxes (for orders shipped to non-U.S. destinations) may be imposed by your local government on shipments from outside your country. These charges are separate from DiSCprofile’s charges and are beyond our control or ability to predict. These charges (if any) are made payable to your government.
3. How do I get sales tax exemption on my order?
If you qualify for sales tax exemption, contact us at email@example.com
. Once we enter your organization and address into our electronic system (Avalara CertCapture), you will receive an email for electronic remittance of your sales tax exempt certificate. Once validated, you will be set up to order online without tax applied to your order.
4. Where can I find sales tax exemption forms?
- Please allow three business days for our system to recognize your sales tax exemption status. Future online orders placed with this approved tax-exempt account will not be charged sales tax.
Avalara CertCapture (our third party administrator) has all of the current certificates on file and will direct you to fill out the appropriate certificate(s) based on your business.
5. What if my state isn’t on your current state tax list?
- Please note that we can only accept certificates completed through the Avalara CertCapture system. We are unable to accept certificates completed outside of the system, as tax forms frequently change.
- A copy of your business sales tax permit is not an acceptable substitute for the state-approved form.
- DiSCprofile.com will not collect sales tax. However, you may be required to pay use tax and report your purchase to the state. Please check your state's reporting requirements for tax forms to be used for this purpose.
If you have questions regarding sales tax policy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org