DiSC certification and training
Facilitate DiSC® trainings with more confidence by enrolling in education offered by experts from Wiley, the publisher of Everything DiSC. Whether you're new to DiSC or have been using it for years, we're sure you'll find value in these courses. Just find the one that best fits your specific needs.
Learn about the training options we discuss on this page:
Why get a certification?
Facilitation kits are available for each of our DiSC profiles; however, many professional trainers find it beneficial to add a certification credential. The knowledge gained during certification will help you customize and add value to your own training programs.
Certification allows you to
- gain expertise in the Everything DiSC model and supporting research
- experience Everything DiSC on Catalyst
- customize an Everything DiSC program to meet specific participant needs
- practice facilitation techniques while receiving feedback in a safe environment
- create strategies to promote a DiSC-based culture
Certification is available online for Everything DiSC and is delivered by expert trainers from Wiley, the publisher of DiSC.
We also offer Wiley's Essentials, a self-guided training for those who don't need a credential or professional development credits (PDCs), but want in-depth understanding of the DiSC model and the Everything DiSC profiles.
Testimonial from beta testing
The course was phenomenal! The facilitators were amazing, and the content was awesome.
This is a new certification, replacing the Everything DiSC Workplace certification. It's more immersive, covers the entire suite of profiles, introduces the Catalyst platform, and is completed in two weeks.
Online certification for Everything DiSC includes:
- Everything DiSC on Catalyst Facilitation Kit
- Free setup of your Administrator Account (EPIC), private labeled for your organization, with 30 credits that can be redeemed for profiles or reports
- A total of approximately 20 hours of individual and facilitated learning over two weeks
- Two 2-hour collaborative (instructor-led webinar) session per week
NOTE: Attendance is required at all collaborative sessions via Zoom.
- A final exam, to be completed within 48 hours of the final collaborative session
- Continued access to Wiley's online training center
Price is $3,795.00 USD ($4,550.00 CAD)
Qualifies for 20 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) from SHRM.
Oh my gosh, we learned so much. Even people who were familiar with DiSC felt like they were better equipped to administer it. I think they were surprised by how much they were learning because some of them had known about DiSC for 20 years.
No need to become a certified DiSC trainer, but still want a better foundation in DiSC? Everything DiSC Essentials provides foundational DiSC knowledge and an overview of the Everything DiSC suite of profiles and reports to help you select and use the best DiSC solutions to meet your organization's needs.
Essentials provides insights on
- Everything DiSC Agile EQ
- Everything DiSC Workplace
- Everything DiSC Management
- Everything DiSC Productive Conflict
- Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
- Everything DiSC Sales
Learners receive flexible access to the online Everything DiSC Training Center, and can choose from learning modules that take about 3 hours to complete in full. With ongoing access to the training platform, it's easy to return to the site before choosing an Everything DiSC solution or offering your own training session.
Qualifies for 3 PDCs from SHRM
Download the Everything DiSC Essentials Online Training brochure
Frequently asked questions about DiSC certification
No. We recommend certification, but it is not required. We also offer facilitation kits for Everything DiSC profiles to support trainers and facilitators. In addition, we offer Essentials to introduce trainers to the entire suite of DiSC profiles and reports .
In-person classroom training was suspended in 2020. No future dates have been announced by Wiley, the publisher of Everything DiSC and provider of the certification.
If missing a session is unavoidable, you can make up a single collaborative session. You will still be required to do all the work and present it to the trainer before gaining access to the the final exam. If you miss more than one session, you will not be able to continue the course; you will need to repurchase the training-only portion of the certification.
Certification will make you a better facilitator by teaching you more about the Everything DiSC® model, theory, and research. You will also practice your skills via live virtual classroom sessions and field assignments. The course is designed to build on facilitation and coaching skills as they pertain to Everything DiSC. While the course won't teach you how to be a trainer, if you're new to the skill, this course will increase your confidence facilitating Everything DiSC profiles.
Like the Everything DiSC Workplace Certification, this new Everything DiSC Certification program is designed to prepare facilitators to deliver engaging and impactful DiSC experiences. Rather than focusing on a single application however, this new course is a holistic DiSC experience that teaches the principles of Everything DiSC through a variety of applications and activities. Other notable differences include:
- Integrates Everything DiSC on Catalyst to provide facilitators with the expertise they need to leverage the modular design of the kit and the on-demand access of the Catalyst platform.
- Includes facilitation and coaching practice within the live curriculum so that participants can try out new techniques in a psychologically safe environment.
- Adjusts the course structure to a two-week immersive experience made up of five self-guided learning modules and four live virtual facilitation sessions.
Certifications for DiSC Classic and for Everything DiSC Workplace are no longer available.
No. There are several assessments offered by others that reference the DISC model, but we only offer Everything DiSC® profiles and certification. If you have a DISC certification offered through another source (e.g., not through Wiley or its Authorized Partners), it will not prepare you to facilitate using Everything DiSC profiles. The research and testing behind Everything DiSC is why we sell (and use) these products.
The Everything DiSC certification does cover all the profiles in the Everything DiSC suite: Workplace, Management, Sales, Agile EQ, Productive Conflict, and Work of Leaders.
That’s ok! We know that some organizations are still in the process of migrating to Everything DiSC
on Catalyst. The content that will be covered in the Certification covers the underpinnings of DiSC,
including the history, research, and assessment methodology, which transcend both the traditional
Everything DiSC and the Catalyst experiences. Participants will learn about Catalyst, as well as other
tools in the Everything DiSC application suite, equipping them with the knowledge they need to
choose the best option for their organization.