Managing departments in Catalyst
EPIC administrators can create, view, update, and delete departments for organizations assigned to Catalyst™ access codes in their account. Follow the directions below to manage departments.
- Click Manage Your Account > Manage My Organizations in the toolbar.
A list of all organizations associated with Catalyst access codes in your account appears – not just custom organizations created in your EPIC account.
- Click + to the left of an organization to see a list of the organization’s departments.
All departments associated with the organization are listed. The number of learners that have selected the department appears in parentheses.
- Click Add Department to the right of the organization. A popup will appear.
- Enter the department name.
- Click Add Department to save the department.
The department will be visible in EPIC and in Catalyst on the registration page and the account settings page.
- Click Cancel to close the window and not create the department.
- Click Edit to the left of the department.
- Enter the new department name.
- Click Rename Department to save the new name. The new name will be visible in EPIC and in Catalyst on the registration page and the account settings page.
- Click Cancel to close the window and not rename the department.
If a department does not have any learners, the Delete option appears to the right of the department.
- Click Delete. A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK to delete the department.
- Click Cancel to return to the Manage My Organizations page.
Deleted departments no longer appear for Catalyst learners that belong to the organization. Deleted departments no longer appear on the Manage My Organizations page – for anyone that has access to the organization.
The Transfer Learners option only appears if there are one or more learners in the department. Selecting this option allows the EPIC administrator to “move” these learners to a different department within the same organization.
- Click Transfer Learners to the right of the department.
- Select a department.
- Click Transfer Learners to update the department for allassociated learners.
- Click Back to return to the Manage My Organizations page.